Ontario: A global leader in the clean energy industry
In this quickly evolving sector, Ontario leads the pack in North America as the first jurisdiction to deploy smart meters to help households and small business shift when they use energy, and to launch an ambitious Green Energy Act, creating a strong manufacturing, service and financial presence in the clean energy sector.
2012 Future of Energy summit
In co-operation with local and international energy leaders, the Future of Energy summit will build on the progress they’ve made to kickstart Ontario’s next steps in the clean energy action plan:
- Sustainable job creation: Creating jobs at home by exporting clean energy technology and expertise to international markets.
- Global market leadership: Remaining global leaders by staying at the forefront of the clean energy conversation.
Find out from leading industry speakers:
You'll hear from the Honourable Chris Bentley, Ontario Minister of Energy, the Honourable Brad Duguid, Ontario Minister of Economic Development and Innovation, Annette Verschuren, Chair of the Ontario Clean Energy Task Force, as well as representatives from Opower, the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), RWE GmbH, GE and many more.
The summit will focus on five main themes:
- Using the power of data
- Designing the grid of the future
- Combining different energy sources and uses
- Emerging energy generation and storage technologies
- Supporting the commercialization of new energy technology
More Information about Future of Energy