Resilient World Institute (RWI)
Understanding the technology solutions needed for a sustainable future
Course Title: E108 Renewable Energy Technologies Used in Ontario
Trainer: Steven Law, P.Eng.: Steven is a recognized expert on both renewable energy technologies and policy issues related to renewable energy in Ontario. Steven’s professional profile
This course will provide participants with an overview of renewable energy and energy storage technologies. Applications will include power generation, combined heat and power, and thermal heating and cooling. Real world case studies will be used to describe how the technologies are deployed in a practical way. Relevant government regulations, including Ontario’s new Environmental Activity Sector Registry will be discussed with considerations for Licensed Engineering Practitioners. Off-grid applications will be reviewed for remote northern communities and mining sites. No laptop is required for this course. Notebook, pen/pencil and calculator are recommended. Photo shooting is not allowed during training.
Click here for Full Course Description
- Introduction to renewable energy fundamentals – including units of measure and electric grid basics
- Overview of renewable energy in Ontario – understanding where we are and how we got here
- Government policies, regulations and guidelines – including REA, EASR and net metering
- Renewable energy technology overview – including wind turbines, solar (PV and thermal), bioenergy, ground and air source heat pumps, energy from waste and microhydro
- Energy storage technology overview – including pumped hydro, batteries, hydrogen, flywheels, compressed air and thermal heating/cooling
- Q & A
For more information please contact:
Leon Wasser, MBA, P.Eng.
Director, School of Energy, Resilient World Institute
firstname.lastname@example.org; (416) 473-4614
Canada Ontario Job Grant (COJG)
Our courses qualify for generous COJG skills development rebates for employed students. Businesses with fewer than 100 employees) qualify for 83% and businesses with 100 or more employees qualify for a 50% rebate. Public sector employers do not qualify for this rebate. Please note: COJG rebates must be applied for and approved by the program administrator prior to registering for our RWI classes. Our COJG application form is found at https://rwinstitute.ca/cojg-grant/. Please contact Lloyd Helferty, RWI Executive Director, 416-855-2680 or email email@example.com to assist you with this.
Cancellation & Refund Policy: