OSEA – Ontario Sustainable Energy Association
Annual General Meeting of the Membership – in person and via conference call
Date: Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 from 9:30 – 10:30am
Held in person and via conference call
Location: Ontario Sustainable Energy Association
Duke Heights, 2 Champagne Drive Unit C-9
Toronto, ON M3J 0K2
Directors & Officers present: Peter Black (Chair), Mary Sye (Vice Chair), Dan
Goldberger (Treasurer), Tonja Leach (Board Member), Obie Agusiegbe (Board Member), and Janis Wilkinson (Interim Executive Director),
Others present: Regrets: Walter Manitowabi, Paul Cairns, Peter Chan
- 1. Opening of Meeting
- The meeting was called to order at 9:32 am by the Chair, P. Black and quorum was declared present.
- a. The members present consented to this meeting being held by teleconference and to waive any notice requirements for this meeting.
- 2. Motion to Approve Agenda
Be it resolved that:
- A. The Agenda be approved without changes (Document no 1).
Moved by: T. Leach, Seconded by P. Chan
- 3. Motion to Approve Minutes of March 31, 2016
- Be it resolved that:
- A. The Minutes of March 31, 2016 be approved with no changes (Document no 2)
Moved by: J. Wilkinson, Seconded by P. Chan
- 4. Formal Motions to be passed together on consent
Be it resolved that the following motions be passed together on consent:
- A. That the Accounting Firm BDO LLP located in Guelph, Ontario to be appointed as the 2017/2018 Auditor / Public Accountant of OSEA.
- B. That the 2015/2016 unaudited Financial Statements be received. (Document no 3).
- C. That the 2016/2017 unaudited Financial Statements be received. (Document no 4).
- D. That five (5) FIVE new board members be appointed as a member(s) of OSEA’s Board of Directors for a two-year term ending as of the close of the December 2019.
- E. That (6) SIX current board members are confirmed to continue in a volunteer position for another year ending December 2018.
Moved by: D. Goldberger, Seconded by T. Leach
- 5. The Chair asked if there were any questions or concerns that should be added into the minutes. The Chair acknowledged no questions.
- 6. New Board members present introduced themselves.
- With no further questions the Chair adjourned the meeting at 9:32am